How to Be Your Own Hero – The Teenager’s Toolkit For Building Self-Esteem by Alyson Reid-Larade
If you are a parent of a teen who is struggling, or you are a teen who is struggling, then keep reading. This book was written for you.
How to Be Your Own Hero was written by request. The author is a mom and a teacher who works with teens every day. This book is the product of 10 years of hard work, in the late hours of the night, after the kids had gone to bed. Alyson Reid-Larade has over 20 years experience dealing with teens, as a high school teacher, and then as a guidance counselor. She produced this book because after using the material in class with her students, over and over again, they asked her to.
How to Be Your Own Hero deals with many teenage issues in a straightforward, non-judgmental way:
- Body Image
- Drug and alcohol use
- Emotions (Feeling sad, frustrated, angry, hopeless)
- Feeling like they are not good enough, unmotivated, depressed
How to Be Your Own Hero offers solutions:
- Coping skills and coping strategies (Toward and Away)
- An understanding of how the teen brain reacts to stress
- How to identify and deal with toxic friends
- How to learn to love your body
- How to be mindful of your feelings and what they are saying
- Understanding that your past does not dictate who you can be in the future
What Alyson Reid-Larade has to say to teens:
- You are amazing
- You have incredible resilience inside of you
- Inner peace and happiness lie within you
- You have incredible skills, talents and strengths
- You have many gifts to offer the world
The life of a teenager can be tough. But not all teens get into trouble, and the ticket to an easier ride comes down to one thing – self-esteem. How to Be Your Own Hero is a toolkit for building Self-Esteem. It is written for teens, and also the parents and educators who love them.
Even if you are a parent who has tried everything, don’t give up hope.
If you know a teen who could use a hand (or just a great toolkit for success) go ahead and click the Add to Cart button. They will thank you.